Additional primary tasks of the Accounting Department include:
• Cash Management – managing the accounts payable cycle
• Monitoring and analyzing the hotel’s accounts receivables
• Preparing sales and occupancy tax returns
• Working with the hotel and senior management on creating the working and capital budgets
• Working with the properties and CPA firms to ensure proper internal controls are in place
• Asset management – maintaining and creating depreciation and amortization schedules
• Working with financial institutions and CPA Firms on regulatory agency required reporting
• Assist in training hotel accounting personnel
At S&L Hospitality, the accounting and financial services we provide are tailored to the unique needs of each property, ensuring the best possible results and maximized returns. We remain on the cutting edge of accounting regulations and financial trends. We are well-informed and continually adapt to the ever-changing world of accounting practices and procedures.
The Accounting Department is responsible for all tasks related to producing and providing senior management and hotel owners with accurate and timely financial statements. We work closely with the property, senior management, and hotel owners in analyzing the financial operations and making recommendations to maximize owners return on investment. This also includes cost analysis, trend analysis and budget comparisons.